Tuesday, April 17, 2007

MEXICO


We had such a fun time in Mexico. We did all kinds of wild and crazy stuff - like playing Rook! OK - we weren't really crazy, but we did do lots of fun things. We went with our friends, Jesse and Emily Leavitt. It was great. While Emily and I laid on the beach with our books or got pedicures the guys would go boogie boarding and surfing. Although Emily and I did do our fair share of boogie boarding (pictures yet to come).





Scott and I took a bus into the nearest town to shop at the outdoor flea market. In Mexico there is no bus schedule and there are no bus stops. You just walk to the edge of the highway and flag a bus down. Then, when you want to get off, you just walk to the front of the bus and the driver stops. Unfortunately, Scott and I had no idea where the market was and our driver could speak no English. Luckily there was an English speaking woman on the bus who told us that our bus had already passed the market! Needless to say we got off immediately. We only had to walk back about 6 blocks! At least we knew where our hotel was, so we knew exactly when to get off going home.

While in town, we bought a fresh coconut. There was a lady selling them at the beach. She husked it just enough to let us drink the milk, then after we finished it, she cleaned it out and let us eat the meat as well. I didn't like it, but Scott sure did! All over the flea market they were selling Lucha Libre masks (made popular by Nacho Libre). Of course the guys just had to have one. Whenever they were wearing one they just had to try crazy wrestling stunts!







(Jesse was only minorly injured by this stunt)


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Knowing both guys...yep they would do this...even inside the hotel. Your vacation looks really fun. Wish we would have done stuff like that when we were younger. Thanks for sharing. I am looking foward to the pictures of LaShauna and Kate in the waves!

grammie

Anonymous said...

Nice legs Lashauna!