Monday night for FHE we went to a local pumpkin patch/corn maze. We are new to the area, so we found this place online and decided to go. We checked their hours and the directions and off we went. This being a predominantly Mormon area, I thought the Monday before Halloween would be one of their busiest nights. We were surprised when we showed up and found no one there - literally. Not even the owners were around. We waited out front, looking at the sign that said they were supposed to be open, and took some pictures of the kids. Still no one came. We noticed that we could walk around into their yard and decided to check it out. There was a petting zoo and a playground a bunch of pumpkins - but no people anywhere. Kinda spooky, but we decided that since we had taken the time to get the kids into their costumes and drive all the way out there, we were going to enjoy ourselves. So we left some money by the cash register and took our kids around to look at all the animals! I think next year we will call first!


Halloween Day Scott was off work, so we spent the entire day celebrating! We carved our pumpkins that morning. We asked Moses what kind of face we should carve on our pumpkin, happy or scary... He imeadiatly intereupted and said, "Sad!" So our pumpkin has a very sad face and we named him "Sad Jack."

After nap we took the kids to the mall to do a little prelimanary trick-or-treating. Moses loved it - and it wasn't even that great!
We drove out to Scott's parent's house and took the kids to a couple houses in Glenwood. Great-Grandma had the most impressive cotume! Moses wasn't really scared of her (we had warned him that she was going to be dressed up) but he was terrified of her candy bowl!

We went back to grandma's house and ate dinner and gave out treats until it was time to go home. We had such a good time. It was fun to see Moses really getting into the holiday. Now time to start explaining Santa...






6 comments:
Why isn't Scott wearing his buttless chaps?
Cute pictures. I love the faces Kade is making in them. You are so honest to leave money by the cash register!! I would have been annoyed and not have even thought about paying.
Hey, those costumes are so cute. I love it. I agree with Denise that it is way honest to leave money. I don't think I would have thought of it.
Way to go Honest Abe! Sounds like the kids had fun anyway. Cute costumes!!
Come on you guys this is LaShauna we are talking about. Would LaShauna ever do anything wrong??? Don't answer that LaShauna. Anyways, love the cute little cow and the handsome cowboy. They are growing up so fast.
Sorry I'm really bad about this comment thing. I forget that you can do this. That's why I never comment back. I'll do it more. I love the pictures! SOOOOO cute. LaShauna you have such cute boys. Yes scott I'm talking about you as well. Miss you girl I need to call you.
Post a Comment