Saturday, April 18, 2009

DAD

So, LaShauna abandoned myself and the boys for the weekend to go on a quarter life crisis with some friends in Calgary. So yes, Dad is taking care of the boys....and I realized something! Yes I do respect the work and great job that my wife is doing raising our boys day in and day out....but I already appreciated that (maybe not as much as now). But actually what I realized is that.....I REALLY LIKE BEING A DAD!


This realization came in the mini van, after I loaded the kids into their car seats from the park, the windows were all down, I was wearing LaShauna's girly sunglasses, and Fred Penner's version of "The Cat Came Back" was BLAREING on the stereo. We passed three teenage boys with weird looks as Moses and I screamed the "Meow" in the chorus and Kael was laughing histerically. I have never been so NOT emberassed in my life. I REALLY DO LOVE BEING A DAD!

3 comments:

Southworths said...

scott I love it you look like you were having sooo much fun!

Jason and Kate said...

The caption under this picture is really “Scott proud of himself after producing a most fetid odor in the van and locking the windows”. I know that look on Scott’s face, and you can almost see the pain in Moses’ eyes as he tries to endure. What a little trooper.

Jenn Mobbs said...

This is NOT surprising at all! I am so glad you shared this. I laughed out loud and it remimded me of you. It is good to see you are still funny after all these years and 2 kids!!