Monday, August 15, 2011

Hammocks and Horses

We made the long drive to Oregon this summer to visit Nana and Grandpa and more of my family. It was a great vacation! There was a lot of driving, but the kids did really well in the car (thank goodness for DVD players and the iPad!). Even Berlyn did well in the car, excepting only one minor incident regarding the clash of poop and a car seat that I won't go into the details of. 

We did lots of fun things while we were in Oregon,  so I will make a few posts dedicated to our trip. There where over 600 pictures taken, so this will just be a few of the best that I post here.  

We really enjoyed the time we spent at my parents. It was relaxing and beautiful there on their little farm. We did a lot of fun things while there and just enjoyed the company of family. One day while in Madras, both boys were really sick. Moses had a fever and Kael kept puking everything he put into his mouth. That day we did absolutely nothing, except watch movies and, of course, lay in the hammock.

Scott spent a lot of time in the hammock.
 The boys loved the trampoline.
Gotta love how Kael is "shshsh-ing" Tristan in this picture- not very compassionate.
 But they all cheered up and had a great time playing in the sprinkler.
 Both boys enjoyed the horse rides.
The Deschutes County Fair was on while we were in town. I couldn't resist a day enjoying it, even if it was hotter than any day we've had all summer here in Alberta.

 Moses would try and do no hands on all the rides!
 Kael catching some air on his bike.
 Kael saw this lollipop and his eyes got so big. "I never had a REAL lollipop before." How can you say no to that. Guess that's one experience crossed off Kael's bucket list.

1 comment:

Ellena said...

Awww, I recognize Berlyn's dress - yay! We just did the fair on Saturday, funny how they seem to all look the same! ;)