What a crazy weekend! It was so much fun packed into two days. I loved every minute of it, but I must admit part of me is glad that it is over. At least now I can sleep!
It was heritage days in Glenwood and Glenwood's 100th birthday, and Scott's entire family (minus Tim and Josh - we missed you guys) was there to enjoy it. This was the first big holiday since his parents have come home from their mission (to Australia if you couldn't guess by all the shirts), so we had an even bigger reason to celebrate. We got there Thursday night, but most of the fun things were scheduled for Friday. To start things off, we played our first game in the town softball tournament. Check out my all hottie ball players!
OK - so Kael didn't actually play, but he is a hottie none the less!
After the game there was dinner and a dance on main street (only possible in rural Alberta!). It was a lot of fun meeting some of the people that Scott grew up with. Believe it or not some of them I hadn't even met before! After dinner we went back to the ball field where they had fireworks set up. We weren't expecting much in the way of fireworks from a small town like Glenwood, even if it was turning 100. Boy where we surprised. It was better than any fireworks show I have EVER been to. It was pretty long and the fireworks were huge and well synchronized. It may have had something to do with how close we were sitting. We were the first ones there, and we claimed front row spots. Then the fire marshal came and asked us to move back. We did and he told us not to let anyone go in front of us. Later another fireman came and told us that maybe we should move back some more, but we refused and told him that we had already gotten the OK to sit where we were. Once the show started we thought that maybe we should have listed to him. We were right there. There was even stuff falling onto our heads. Notice how everyone in this picture is wearing sunglasses - it wasn't because it was so bright out! It was because we were all afraid we would have something land in our eyes while we were looking up at the most amazing firework show ever! It was a little scary, but I think that is the best way to watch fireworks - everyone should try it at least once!



The next day started out with an early breakfast in the park. Then the town parade! All of the kids went in the parade with Grandma and Grandpa. The were the "Awesome Aussies." Moses rode in the golf cart with some of the other younger kids. The older kids followed behind on their bikes. Grandma said that Moses wasn't to sure about throwing the candy at first, but once he got into it he was throwing it everywhere, even if there was no one to throw it to!

After the parade there was a picnic in the park and races for everyone. I wondered how that tradition got started. Basically the have a stat and end rope and the just have foot races in the grass for every different age group. This is a picture of Riggin, he isn't quite two yet and they figured out how to get him to run the race. He hates being held by anyone but mom and dad. So Tracy, Scott's sister, held him while his parents went to the finish line. Once they said go, Tracy let go and Riggin took off running to his mom and dad. He may not have been happy about it, but he won the race!! Moses did not do so well. I kinda had to carry him across the finish line. I think he was a little tired from all the fun because he fell asleep on my lap about 2 minutes after he "ran" his race.After the races we had two more ball games to play and then church the next morning. What a whirlwind of fun times! I can't wait for next year!








4 comments:
Looks like you guys had so much fun. Kael looks like he is getting really big. You should post some more pictures of him. I am so excited to come and see you guys. Only 3 weeks left. Well, we miss you guys.
You guys have, and will still have, the craziest summer! I am exhausted from thinking about it :)
Looks like a fun crazy weekend. I agree with Natasha, we need an update on Kael with pictures!
You look so good I miss you so much I wish that I could come and see you!:( You guys always look like you are having so much fun!
Looks like you wore out the boy. Too cute!!
Post a Comment