We went to New York awhile ago - it was an amazing trip! We had so much we wanted to see and do that we were busy almost the entire time. It was a totally different vacation from those where you sit on the beach and read a book. We took a tour bus ride, went to 3 different Broadway plays, went to the Metropolitan Museum twice (once turned out to not be enough!), went to the statue of liberty, roamed the Ellis Island museum, rode the subway during rush hour, shopped in China town, went to the temple, and roamed through Central Park. And that was just the big things!

There was so much history and national pride there that I couldn`t help but tell Scott how proud I was to be an American! (As a side note he insists our next vacation be to a spot of Canadian pride) America truly is a great country. The freedom and liberty it offered at such an early period in history is amazing - even if Americans can be arrogant and ignorant today. I`m sure that God had a hand in founding the United States and I am proud and grateful for all the men and women who have fought to make it and keep it free.
New York was such a great experience. I can`t wait to go back! I loved the city with all the bustle and the excitement you could feel in the air, but I have to admit, when we got back and drove through the openness of the prairie to pick up our boys I was glad to be home. And the air definitely smelt fresher!
You can see even more pictures from our trip by clicking
HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment