Kael turned 2! Actually, her turned 2 about a month and a half ago (I know...such a bad blogger!). He is such a funny toddler. He has the best sense of humor and loves to make us all laugh. He isn't shy at all, and will often talk to complete strangers. He loves music and dancing and picking on his brother. He is very much a boy's boy and enjoys his cars, trucks, motorcycles, tractors, and every other transportation toy. He likes guns and swords way more than I would like, but I am learning there isn't much I can do about that. The other day in the grocery store he took the cucumber from the cart, held it like a gun, and kept yelling, "Pow. Pow. Your dead mom!" very loudly as I went up and down the isles. This kid would turn anything into a gun! Although he is so "manly" he definitely is still in touch with his "feminine side" and loves hugs and kisses, will dress up in my shoes, and will often tell me something looks "cute" - all of that makes the sociologist in me very proud. At least I know I am not totally nurturing him into a socially determined gender role! Now that I am expecting again, I find myself thinking of my ultrasound while I was pregnant with Kael. I wanted Kael to be a girl.; I must have been crazy! I can't imagine my life without this little guy.
To celebrate his birthday we had a few friends over during the day, then Grandma and Grandpa over for dinner. He got to blow out candles a total of 3 times! Once on his pancakes for breakfast, then twice on his cake! (a small note about the cake... I did not mean for it to be quite so feminine... even with my background in sociology! I told them purple and green like Buzz Lightyear. Apparently the decorator does not have boys, because it is definitely more Tinker Bell than Space Ranger! Kael didn't really notice though.)Yes, Scott does have two darts from Kael's new dart gun stuck to his head!
Scott and I got Kael a little motorcycle riding toy. It was perfect for him! It took about two seconds before he figured out to make it pop wheelies. It's what he rides whenever Moses wants to go on a bike ride. The poor kid has to work harder to make that motorcycle go than he would a real bike, but he loves every second of it!






No comments:
Post a Comment