Berlyn was blessed Sunday, November 7th. It was a beautiful, emotional day. I cried like a baby when each of the boys got blessed and with Berlyn it was the same. I can't help it. I just think it is so amazing to see and feel the power of the priesthood in their lives. And on their blessing day it hits me so hard that I have been blessed with a child of God to take care of and raise and have in my forever family. I realize all over again how precious this child is both to me and my Heavenly Father. As I was dressing Berlyn in her beautiful blessing dress it hit me so hard that I started tearing up right then. I couldn't even put on her little bracelet myself - my mom had to help me! I felt so happy and so blessed - almost like I was living my very own a fairy tale. And Berlyn was the princess!
Four Generations - (right to left) Scott, Scott's mom Vicki, Scott's Grandma Freda Thomas, Berlyn, and Scott's Grandpa Burke Thomas.
Everyone that attended the dinner after the blessing (I realized afterward that Moses was missing! I asked him about it and he said he was hiding because he didn't want his picture taken - so typical!) Thank you all for coming! And we missed you afterward, Jenni and Burke. And we missed all of our family members that couldn't make it. Special thanks to Annalysa and Denise for the dress and the hair band. You helped make Berlyn's day extra special.
It was a great day and a beautiful blessing. I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and the blessings it brings to my family. I am so grateful for a husband worthy of the preisthood of God. And I am so grateful for the temple and blessings of forever families.
These are just a couple pictures I took of Berlyn after the fact. I know I am a bit biased - but I think she is just so beautiful!











5 comments:
You may be biased but I agree she is beautiful.
Absolutely LOVE the halloween pictures! No bias girl - she is gorgeous! I always love the blessing of my babies as well. I always wish I could take a picture of the congregation so I could tell her when she gets older - look at all the people who love you and support you! And your Father in Heaven most of all. Heard about your new calling - congrats - nice choice of counsellor! =)
She is beautiful Lashauna! ... and the dress too! Wow! Sounds like it was a great and perfect day. So happy for you.
p.s. Holy Smokes you look like your mom! I totally thought that was you in the pic with Berlyn till I read the caption underneath then I had to look again!
I love it Lashauna!! just wish i could have been there I miss you guys.
She looks so beautiful!!
Post a Comment