Sunday, July 24, 2011

Kael is now Three

I remember when I went to my 20 week ultrasound while I was pregnant with Kael. They told me I was having another boy. I'm not going to lie, I teared up a little bit. I was a tiny bit disappointed. I wanted a girl so badly. Obviously I was grateful to be told that I was having a healthy baby and I couldn't stay sad for long. A baby is a blessing no matter the gender. But if I had known then the little boy that was waiting to come join our family the way I know him now, my reaction would have been completely different. He is so amazing in so many ways. His sense of humor keeps us laughing almost non stop. He is so easy going and fun to be around. He has so much energy and sometimes it is contagious. He is so sweet and loving and he loves to cuddle. He is always eager to please and willing to help. His personality is so big for such a little person. What a three year old!
 Kael and his Buzz Lightyear Pinata.

All day he got angry when anyone tried to sing him "Happy Birthday". We sang anyway. So here he is with his classic pout face (bottom lip WAY out there) that he has been perfecting since he was just a month or two old. I wonder if he will still do it as an adult....

He got a bike for his birthday. Here is a video of him riding it at Moses' preschool graduation party all by himself. It took him awhile to figure it out, and this was the first time he could really do it by himself. He's getting pretty good at it now.

No comments: