The first night there we were too excited to sleep. We were so used to being tied to our hotel room that at first it felt funny to check in and then just leave again. We went into town and found a place that had a live band. (Alright, I admit it, this place was a bar. Although bars are much more pleasnat to be in now that Alberta has a no smoking bylaw. It didn't even feel like a bar, more like a resturant.) The band was suprisingly good and we had so much fun just listening to music and dancing. We used to love to go to live bands before. I felt so young - not that I'm really old but sometimes I think when you have kids you have to act older than you are or feel. It was a great start to our weekend.

The next night we drove into Calgary (a little over an hour away) and went to a Calgary Flames game. I love live hockey and Scott loves all Flames hockey so it was really fun for both of us. It was even better that the Flames beat the Minnesota Wild by a whopping 4-1!!!! In football score that would be like 28-7! (Just for those non-hockey people that read my blog - you know who you are). As you can tell from the pictures, we sat way up in the nose-bleeds (hockey tickets are actually expensive up here in Canada) but the little people were still bigger than when we watch on our TV - tells you how sad our TV is!
The trip seemed too short, and we had to come home to a sick baby. But I am so glad we went. It is great to know that I still enjoying hanging out with my husband and he is still my best friend.
The trip seemed too short, and we had to come home to a sick baby. But I am so glad we went. It is great to know that I still enjoying hanging out with my husband and he is still my best friend.




5 comments:
Sounds like an AMAZING weekend! It is so important to have time together away from the kids! I am excited in April me and Neil are taking off to Vegas for 5 days w/o the kids!!!
I LOVE hockey games, but I am sad that The Wild lost, since they are our team. Did you know that my mom was from Calgary? My grandpa was the Mayor there that started the white cowboy hat tradition. Fun stuff...
Scott looks so happy I am really glad that you had fun..
Glad you had such a good time! Tommy and I are planning our first 2 day trip for our anniversary at the end of this month. We have only been away from the girls once for one night so far (except for when I was in the hospital for my gallbladder, but that obviously wasn't by choice!). And, at the time I was still nursing so I had to bring my pump - yeah that was fun - lol! ;) I am actually really nervous and sad about leaving them for that long, maybe I'm not quite ready for that?... Oh well, I think it will still be fun! We will not be that far away (we'll be at a hotel/casino/spa out past Corona where we used to live...), and the girls will be staying w/ Tommy's sister.
Lashauna you are so lucky! I wonder if I could sleep in that late...I think I could. You should tell Scott to tell Jesse his secrets to getting a babysitter for that long.
I remember those days!! Seems like they weren't too long ago. It is nice to have someone you trust with your kids nearby to watch your kids!! One of the many reason I love living near my parents!
Post a Comment