Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Nursery

I've always wanted a coordinating nursery - so this time I did it. Starting with nothing but an old brown dresser and an idea for a quilt, I made a few matching pieces and it turned out really nice. I love the babies room. Which is good because I plan on spending hours and hours in it nursing this little girl!

I got this idea for a quilt. The original was over $200 and didn't have any pink. I bought the fabric for less than $100 and made it exactly the way I wanted. I had never made a quilt before, so I owe a really big thank you to Scott's Mom and Aunt Pat. I couldn't have done it without them.
The dresser was an old hand-me-down from Scott's parents. It was really ugly dark brown with outdated detailing. Four coats of paint and some hardware changes latter, and it matches the quilt AND the crib! I love how it turned out!

1 comment:

Waldron's Est. 2005 said...

GREAT JOB LaShauna!!!! I love the color. You did a good job.